Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) is a power semiconductor device that can also be used as an electronic switch, a characteristics similar to MOSFETs. Global power transistor market industry was valued at $13.1 billion in 2011. IGBT is cost efficient solution to replace MOSFET, which is also compatible with higher voltage range (400-600V). The switching characteristics of IGBTs are almost equal to the MOSFETs, without any opportunity cost of superior conduction. IGBT switching frequency is 150Hz. IGBT has three times the current carrying capacity than MOSFETs. Due to all these reasons, it is expected that designer will design the products with the help of IGBT. As per study, IGBT, so far operates at 2000C` temperature (1300V). Lack of stable characteristic of device at a higher temperature is acting as limiting factor to adopt IGBT into high voltage operating areas. This barrier is expected to reduce its impact on the market in medium and long term. To test the IGBT at such high temperatures and measure its characteristics is a very challenging task.
Key companies profiled in this report are ABB, Dynex Semiconductor Ltd, Fuji Electric Co., Renesas Electronics Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Sanyo Electric co, Priceton Power System, Hitachi, Vishay Intertechnology Inc.
• The estimation is made according to current market trends for period of 2013- 2020 with historical revenue of 2011 and 2012
• Report delivers competitive landscape of key players and analyzes the key strategies applied by companies.
• Delivers detailed industry view of the IGBT application segments
• In depth analysis of product life and roadmaps for IGBT and operating voltage effect on product life
• Comparative study of MOSFET and IGBT as per application area, volume and pricing trend in those areas
• Top ten investment pockets for IGBT by considering application segments
• Top three winning strategies and value chain analysis of IGBT
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
• Discrete IGBT
• IGBT Module
• Shunt Compensation
• Series Compensation
• Renewable Energy
• Motor Drives
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Academic and Research institutes
• IGBT manufacturer, dealer
• System designer
• Technology investor