Maturing, and putting on weight
This report examines different aspects of the ‘light operator’ phenomenon.
- Light operators and their business model are heavily influenced by sector specific regulation. The report provides an inventory of the different points of contact between the two.
- It also discusses the evolution of ‘light’ approaches in the mobile industry, exploring the different kinds of MVNO and the wholesale operator model.
- Regarding the fixed sector, the report examines the opportunities for light operators arising from the use of next-generation access networks and delivers examples of light operators on open access networks.
- Finally, the report takes a brief look at other forms of light operator, such as Wi-Fi operators and over-the-top players providing voice and messaging services.
- A wide range of ‘light operators’
- Regulation playing an important role
- Mobile ‘light operators’
- Fixed ‘light operators’
- Other ‘light operators’
List of operators covered in the report
- Crown Fibre Holdings
- MVS Comunicaciones
- NBN Singapore
- Virgin Media