Ultrafast mobile broadband on its way
This study details what LTE-Advanced brings to Mobile Network Operators and how it will help overcome the challenges of providing higher throughputs to more users.After detailing operators’ deployment strategies, it presents the different features of LTE-Advanced and its roadmap before dealing with what 5G could look like.
Operators’ strategies are evaluated as well as the benefits and challenges which the features of LTE-Advanced help to overcome.
1. Executive Summary
2. Methodology & definitions
3. LTE-Advanced front runners - South Korea leading LTE-Advanced deployments
Asia-Pacific - USA - Africa - Middle East- Europe
Frequency bands used for carrier aggregation
4. LTE-Advanced innovations - LTE-Advanced has more to offer than just carrier aggregation
4.1. Why is LTE-Advanced important today?
4.2. 3GPP developments - LTE-Advanced delivers more than carrier aggregation
4.3. LTE-Advanced challenges and benefits for mobile operators
5. LTE-Advanced - Latest vendor developments
5.1. Network infrastructure
5.2. LTE-Advanced chipsets and devices
6. LTE-Advanced market taking off in 2014
6.1. LTE-Advanced perspectives
6.2. Market forecasts
7. Future trends: ’5G’ already on radar screen
7.1. 5G technologies
7.2. Frequency bands for 5G: focus on millimetre bands
7.3. 5G initiatives
List of players reviewed