Global Ultracapacitors Market (Applications, Geography ) - Size, Share, Global Trends, Company Profiles, Demand, Insights, Analysis, Research, Report, Opportunities, Segmentation and Forecast, 2013 - 2020
Ultracapacitor is an electrical component that can hold hundred times more charge quantity compared to a normal capacitor. Global capacitor market having a 2.5% CAGR is expected to touch $20.2 Billion revenue mark by 2018.
A major driver for ultracapacitor market is in electrical smart meters. The smart meters market has CAGR of 18.7% and the market is expected to reach a demand of 148 million units by 2018.
High initial cost can be considered as the main restraint for the growth of ultracapacitor market. Ultracapacitor batteries cost between $2400 to $5800 for each kWh energy storage, whereas, lithium ion batteries costs $500 to $1000.
The big players in this market are Cap-XX, Ioxus Inc, LS Mtron, Maxwell Technologies Inc, Nec-Tokin, Nesscap Co Ltd, Nippon Chemi-Con Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Supreme Power Solutions Co Ltd, Vinatech Co Ltd and Yunasko.
- A major source of information about nano technology, asymmetric ultracapacitors, electrolytes and electrodes which would give deep insights about present business scenario.
- Provides a projection for next eight years by considering values for 2012 as reference.
- Porter’s five forces and SWOT analysis would help in making strategic decisions
- Micro level analysis based on materials, applications and geographies.
- Providing comprehensive and quantitative data about changing market trends, competition and opportunities in wind turbines, electric and hybrid vehicles market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- North America
- Ultracapacitor module and equipment manufactures.
- Material suppliers and system integrators.
- Potential entrants interested in entering this market
- Experts and research institutes involved in study and analysis of ultracapacitors.