How are they responding to the new environment?
- This report summarises the latest developments in operators’ video ecosystem.
- It explores in detail the different positionings operators are taking to stay competitive, while drawing distinctions between terrestrial, satellite, cable and telecoms operators.
Lastly, it breaks these strategies down into four categories:
- Horizontal integration
- New business positioning
- Network optimisation
- Improving QoS and QoE
The new ATAWADAC environment
- ATAWADAC behaviour on the rise, especially amongst younger users
Horizontal integration strategies
- Operators focusing on emerging markets and consolidation
New business positionings
- The broadcast operator business in the diversification era
- Possible business positionings for wireline operators
- Transitioning to an all IP network
- LTE broadcasting: a viable fixed and mobile solution?
- The new video environment, spurring wireline network optimisation
Improving service offering and quality of experience
- Hybridisation and new formats: major stakes for operators
- Enhancement of video services line-up
- Summary of the possible positionings for network operators