Devices in a connected and UHD world Markets at 2013 & Forecasts to 2018
Our study “Consumer Electronics” focuses on video devices and explores the main technological and industrial trends in the following market segments: TV - STB - Digital Media Boxes - Portable Media Devices - PC. It also delivers key findings on our market sizing and forecasts for CE and connected CE, with a highlight on Ultra HD TV set sales (volume and value) and its prospective up to 2018. The study includes a report and a detailed dataset.
Digital media boxes
- Home video game consoles
- Blu-ray player/recorders
- Digital media adapters, also known as multimedia gateways, which allow users to read audio and video content and images from other storage sources and display/play them on the TV screen. Digital media recorders are DMAs capable of recording programmes off the TV. They may come with a built-in hard drive, but the current trend tends to be DMRs without a hard drive.
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers. This sub-segment includes netbooks and notebooks.
- The television segment includes LCD screens: LED, plasma and OLED. These sub-segments are not displayed separately in the database.
The set-top box segment includes four sub-segments:
- cable STB
- Satellite STB
- Terrestrial TV STB
- IPTV STB
Portable media devices
- Handheld video game consoles
- Media tablets
Indicators by devices
- Domestic shipments (million units)
- Installed base (million units), including an average replacement rate for each category of device
- Connectable domestic shipment (million units)
- Connectable installed base (million units)
- Penetration rate for connectable devices (% of households)
- Relationship between the percentage of homes equipped with a connectable device and the percentage equipped with this specific device (%).
The “Worldwide” data in the database do not include the Africa/Middle East region.
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The UK
- Rest of Europe