Global Advanced Wound Care and Closure Market (Types, Applications, End User and Geography) - Size, Share, Global Trends, Company Profiles, Demand, Insights, Analysis, Research, Report, Opportunities, Segmentation and Forecast, 2013 - 2020
Traditional wound care & closure and advanced wound care & closure products are used to treat acute and chronic wounds. Chronic wounds are hard to heal wounds, which take substantial time to heal and are expensive to treat. Advanced wound care & closure products are emerging as a standard solution for treating chronic wounds. Traditional wound care & closure products are being increasingly substituted with advanced wound care & closure products due to their efficacy and effectiveness in managing wounds by enabling faster healing.
Attempts to reduce the duration of hospital stays in order to limit surgical healthcare costs, and the rising inclination towards products that enhance therapeutic outcomes are driving the demand for advanced wound care & closure products. The risks associated with ineffective wound healing promote the demand for combination dressings, which is a modern trend in the market that is replacing traditional wound dressing methods.
Smith and Nephew, Kinetic Concepts, 3M, BSN medical, Covidien, ConvaTech, Derma Sciences, Integra LifeSciences, Baxter International and Coloplast are some of the major players in the global advanced wound care and closure market.
The global advanced wound care and closure market has been segmented based on type, application, end users and geography. Based on type, the global market is segmented into advanced wound closure market and advanced wound care market. According to applications, the market is segmented into Burns, Ulcers and Surgical Wounds. Based on end users, the market is segmented into hospitals & community healthcare services and home healthcare. Geographically, the market is segmented into four regions, namely North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
- An in-depth analysis of the current advanced wound care, and wound closure market scenario is strategically dealt to provide future market trends that would facilitate decision making
- Quantitative analysis of the current market trends and estimations through 2013-2020 would help strategists to design business strategies to capitalize on the prevailing opportunities in the market
- Analysis of the market factors in various regions would bestow a deeper understanding of demographical dynamics that would influence expansion decisions.
- Identification of key application segments based on their potential and growth prospects would throw light on the most profitable segments to capitalize on
- Analysis of key strategies adopted by market players will assist in understanding the inherent business rivalry and intensity of competition prevailing among the top brands
- Emphasis is laid on key factors affecting the growth of the global advanced wound closure and advanced wound care market. These factors are critically analyzed to gain a futuristic view of the market
- SWOT and competitive analysis of key players is conducted to help stakeholders to understand the inherent trends followed by their competitors and make the necessary amendments to the existing expansion plans
Key Market Segments
Global advanced wound care and closure market is categorized into types, applications, end user and geography.
MARKET BY TYPE
- Advanced Wound closure
- Haemostatic and sealing agents
- Fibrin Sealant
- Surgical Sealant
- Gelatin-based Sealant
- Human Fibrinogen and Thrombin Fleece
- Topical Tissue Adhesive
- Wound closure devices
- Mechanical stapling device
- Ligating clips
- Wound closure strips
- Advanced Wound care
- Moist Wound dressings
- Silver Wound Dressings
- Active Wound care
- Skin substitutes
- Growth factors
- Therapy devices
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
- Pressure relief devices
MARKET BY APPLICATION
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Venous leg ulcers
- Arterial ulcers
- Surgical Wounds
MARKET BY END-USER
- Hospitals and Community Health Services
- Home Healthcare
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America